Meet Caryn! She’s our intrepid leader, herding the clowder of Yarnivore cats/staff with aplomb.
We asked Caryn a few questions so you could get to know her better:
1. What is your favorite craft?
Knitting. Sometimes weaving. Then, uhh, crochet. When those don’t work, painting. Don’t forget photography. I’ve also been known to scrapbook. (Can you guess I’m never bored?)
2. What is your least favorite craft?
I didn’t know we could have a least favorite craft. That’s like having a least favorite child and I’ll never admit to that. 🙂
3. What yarn makes you drool?
Oh, anything lace, anything with fabulous colors, anything soft, likely with yak down, cashmere, alpaca or silk in it.
4. What yarn makes you cringe?
Just like there is no such thing as an ugly baby, there’s no cringe-worthy yarn. You’re talking to a girl who grew up buying her yarn at Woolworth’s so I’m thankful for anything.
5. What sound do you love?
The clicking of needles, spinning of wheels and weaving of shuttles.. Laughter. Motown. A good beat.
6. What sound do you hate?
Someone yelling my full name. I probably deserved whatever I’m about to get but that doesn’t mean I have to like it.
7. What is your favorite curse word alternative?
Criminy. For the love of Mike. For Pete’s sake. (And no, I have no idea who Mike or Pete are.) Jiminy Christmas. Fudge. Dagnabbit. Shoot. Mercy. Should I keep going?
8. What new-to-you crafts would you like to learn?
9. If you couldn’t craft, what would you do with your free time?
Nananananananana. I will always craft.
10. If heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the pearly gates?
It’s about time. I need you to make a lace shawl with this 3,000 yards of cashmere. 😉