Dawn is our daytime keep-everything-going-right employee. She’s fond of a good pun (but even fonder of a really BAD one), and she churns out ideas at about a mile-a-minute. When off-duty, she’s either biking (motor or pedal), kayaking, or playing with her canine furbabies.
A multicraftual maven, Dawn is able to help with knitting, crochet, spinning, and weaving questions. She’s in charge of keeping books and yarn stocked up and knows the inventory better than anyone.
Here’s how Dawn answered our survey questions:
1. What is your favorite craft?
Almost anything involving fiber (spin, weave, felt, knit, crochet, sew).
2. What is your least favorite craft?
Anything that involves an inordinate amount of glitter.
3. What yarn makes you drool?
Anything soft, squishy, and in great colors.
4. What yarn makes you cringe?
Yarn that is coarse and/or squeaky.
5. What sound do you love?
The sound of someone saying “Here’s your fully equipped studio I’ll cover for you whenever you want to work in it.”
6. What sound do you hate?
The sound of my yarn running out when I have less than a row to go before the project is finished.
7. What is your favorite curse word alternative?
8. What new-to-you crafts would you like to learn?
Glass and metal work.
9. If you couldn’t craft, what would you do with your free time?
I can’t imagine a life without some sort of craft involved (cooking/baking, gardening/taking care of houseplants, wrenching on vehicles, playing with music…). I already read, ride a bike (manual and motorized), and kayak. I guess I would do more of those.
10. If heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the pearly gates?
“Dude! Bummer about that last row. Sorry I had to pull you away from that. To make up for it, here’s your studio and all the time you want to work in it. Be expecting visits from loved ones, pets included, of course.”